FREE Rohn 25G Tower !

Post your own classified ad! Pictures and all.
k5xk

FREE Rohn 25G Tower !

Post by k5xk »

For your Spring/Summer antenna projects, SERFCO's tower on S. Walton, across from the Bentonville Post Office is still available...

The company has converted their dispatch communications to cell service, and is no longer needed. Must be taken down and removed by experienced climber/crew.

Estimated 80-100 feet, Rohn 25G, guyed tower located behind SERFCO's office at 1701 S Walton Blvd.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dbUq4o6rQDBqDgxN6

Contact BVRC's John Robinson, W5HB, for info. John has done a preliminary ground inspection on the tower and may be contracted to dismantle, if interested. Although John lives south of Fayetteville, like many others, he works in Bentonville.

Either make direct arrangements with Neal, the fleet manager @ SERFCO, cell 479-366-2462...
Or coordinate with John / W5HB: cell 479-684-9626 ; email: john@embroideredmemories.net

W5HB

Re: FREE Rohn 25G Tower !

Post by W5HB »

I drove by a few days ago, this tower is still there and standing.

k5xk

Post by k5xk »

Yep, and it's "that time of year" for tower work, Hi.

wb5l
Site Admin

Post by wb5l »

I could use a couple of sections . . . . .

Looks like the previous installers forgot to put a couple of small weep holes near the bottom.
Those splits in the tower legs suggest ice has formed on the inside.

Don't know if I want to climb it, but I would be a good ground crew member if needed. 8-)

KI5JRA

Post by KI5JRA »

Hey, I wouldn't mind taking a couple sections to get started, I cannot mount an antenna on my house anywhere, but I can put up a tower.
KI5JRA - Emergency Alerts - Radio stoofs

k5xk

Post by k5xk »

Hi Brigan,

If you would like to have that tower, or a portion thereof, it needs to be carefully removed, in coordination with SERFCO. One of our BVRC members who is capable, and an experienced tower climber, is John Robinson, W5HB. Be aware that anytime you engage someone to do work like this, they should be compensated. I have no idea what John would want, but due to the size and that the lower questionable sections that would need extra attention (reinforced), expect to pay for the work. This should be discussed and worked-out to your mutual satisfaction with John. He's a great guy, who lives south of Fayetteville. Here is his contact info...

John Robinson, W5HB
Ph 479-684-9626
Email john@embroideredmemories.net
https://www.qrz.com/db/w5hb

Personally, I would recommend trying to salvage a good portion of one of the compromised sections for the base (in concrete), the number of (9-10') sections needed for your desired height, including a 9' top section to attach a mast, etc. John can give you suggestions on all this, too.

It's definitely "a solution in search of a need!" Let us know how we can help. And again, welcome to BVRC!

73, Ron / K5XK

k5xk

Post by k5xk »

Unfortunately, I understand that W5HB is extremely busy this summer and is probably unavailable for this removal project. I have posted a 'Climbers Wanted' announcement on the General forum. Let's see if we have any experienced climbers who may come to your aid, Brigan. 73, de Ron / K5XK

KI5JRA

Post by KI5JRA »

I actually found out that I can't put up a tower because of my landlord, but I would still love to come and help out to take it down! I need experience, and experience with towers sounds like it'd be beneficial. Also, if storage is needed, I am part of the robotics team in the big warehouse behind HFA, which is VERY close to that tower (200-300 feet or so), and I could ask for a place to store it if it gets taken down if needs be.
KI5JRA - Emergency Alerts - Radio stoofs